Superhero biography #1 (The Lone Ranger)
Super Hero Biography
In, today’s post we will be learning the story of an ex-Texas Ranger: The Lone Ranger. John Reid is the western super hero known as the Lone Ranger (and also the great uncle of the Green Hornet). This all started during a manhunt for Butch Cavendish with his father and brother. Cavendish gunned down the whole party but miraculously John survived and was nursed back to health by a native American named Tonto. Realizing he was the last Texas Ranger, he named himself the Lone Ranger and fashioned a mask from his brother’s shredded shirt. After bringing Cavendish to justice, he decided to make it his life’s mission to fight crime. Tonto decided to be his partner. The Ranger’s main horse, Silver, became his horse after the ranger saved it from a raging buffalo. The Lone Ranger has two Colt .45 pistols loaded with silver bullets, this being due to his code (one of his strong beliefs being that his silver bullets, like life, are precious and not to be wasted).
The Lone Ranger Code
Throughout all of The Lone Ranger’s history, his code of ethics has remained the same.
- that to have a friend, a man must be one.
- that all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.
- that God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.
- in being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.
- that a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
- that “this government, of the people, by the people, and for the people,” shall live always.
- that men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
- that sooner or later…somewhere…somehow…we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.
- that all things change, but the truth, and the truth alone lives on forever.
I believe in my Creator, my country, my fellow men.
Star Lord out.
Hi-yo Silver away!
Posted on January 1, 2014, in Super hero biography and tagged Butch Cavendish, Cavendish, Green Hornet, John Reid, Lone Ranger, Ranger, Texas Ranger, Texas Ranger Division, The Lone Ranger, Tonto. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.