Iron Man (Silver Centurion) Iron man 2
Today’s review is by special request of my good friend, Jalyse. Jalyse is a big Iron Man fan and so it would seem natural that she would want to see Iron Man on my blog.
Iron Man is Tony Stark, a billionaire genius and owner of Stark Expo. He is the son of Howard and Maria Stark. (he was genetically engineered) While in the womb, with Kree (alien) technology to enhance his thought process. When he was in Afghanistan, he is kidnapped by terrorists. Injured with a shard in his heart he was forced to create weapons for them. He made a suit that helps him to heal and break out of captivity. Years later in Iron Man #200 (1985), he created another suit, The Mark 7, and used it until it was destroyed by a missile. This suit was amazing. It was bigger and more powerful. It included a booster pack on its back so that he could fly better. It also included shoulder pads. The other improvements are listed below:
- Flight was improved with new turbines for the boot jets. A separate booster pack could also be used.
- Individual armor parts stored a small emergency charge.
- Repulsors and the uni-beam were enhanced. Pulse bolts gained energy as they traveled up to a certain point.
- Other weapons included a heat lance, cutting lasers, an electric shock, variator rays, and a tractor beam.
- A disruptor field was used against electrical systems. The sonic distorter could also be used to disrupt opponents.
- Freon streams handled fire.
- A ‘six-second’ force-field greatly enhanced protection for a short time, but consumed considerable power.
- Refractory coating blunted lasers and other energy attacks.
- An absorption grid could be used to absorb energy from various sources.
- Life support equipment was considerably enhanced: recycled air, water and nutrients could last an indefinite amount of time.
- The “chameleon effect” generated a hologram to make the armor blend in with its surroundings. Due to harmful interference with his nervous system, Stark limited its use.
- Electromagnetic sensors could determine layouts of structures and identify stolen Stark technology.
- Negator packs neutralized and destroyed stolen Stark technology.
It was also the first silver and red suit ever. This suit was showcased in Iron Man 3 towards the end of the movie.
This figure came in the Iron Man 2 concept series and is amazingly detailed with the booster pack, repulsors on his hands and thrusters on his feet.
An amazing figure. 9.5 out of 10.
Star Lord out.